Visit our SRAP webpage for more information, the full calendar, and reading logs!
Summer Reading and Activity Program Or SRAP for short, is back and bigger and better than ever!
Along with our usual programming, join us for specialty programming that includes a community scavenger hunt with over 25 stops, an escape room, and the following :
- Game-a-Thons, every Monday
- all-day gaming that change focus from board games to video games
- Afternoon Story Time, every Monday with Stephanie Arms at 2 p.m.
- Special Local Author Story Times
- June 21, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Edward Holmes
- June 28, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Rae Lee
- July 5, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Courtney Delarion
- July 19, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Cheryl Cheatham
- Field Trips, every Thursday at 10 a.m. RSVP with the library or here the week
- June 16, Millpond – How to can sparkling water
- June 23, TBA
- June 30, Central Bank – How banks work and how coins are counted,
bring your change!
- July 7, Ott’s – How to fry fish
- July 14, Atkins’ Acres Educational Farm – TBA
- July 21, TBA
- Adult Story Times with Local Authors
- July 7, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Elizabeth Donald
- July 14, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Kathy L. Brown
- Summer Movies with Voting – June 23 and July 21
- Pokemon Ice Cream Party and Prize Drawings
Our next fundraiser is Pop-Up Mini-Golf!
Thursday, June 16, from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Millstadt VFW Post 7980, come out to play mini-golf with your friends and family for only $5 per game! Have some fun and help support the library by playing a round (or two) of mini golf at the VFW.
We'll also have concessions of hotdogs, pretzels, chips, and soda and water for purchase to keep the fun going all day.
Don't want to play mini-golf? No problem! We'll also have concessions available to-go.
Pre-purchase your tickets for games and concessions for a cash-free experience at https://www.givesignup.org/TicketEvent/MillstadtLibraryPopUpMiniGolfFundraiser?fbclid=IwAR3ShbNp59XLX4FTpEr6ChNXZntnXiNiLM2vhZ3PXA7XZc_NdnIvfB53lro or sign up to volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040848a4af2fa2ff2-library
You can also sponsor a hole for only $50, just call the library at 618-476-1887 or email Nichole at [email protected]
The 4th and Final Open House before the June 28 Vote
Come out on Thursday, June at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the new Millstadt Library and the upcoming Annexation Referendum Vote.
The meeting will start with a presentation from the Library Director and the library's architect, Andy Dogan, of William's Architects. There will be an open Q&A afterwards.
And of course, our regularly scheduled programs are below!